October 4, 2012

the finished granny square sampler


so here we go, within the past few days i puzzled and connected all those granny squares i crochet over the summer. i'm so very happy, at week 17 blair had her last post and i could just not wait any longer to finish up my sampler. there is a flicker group for this granny project. it is fun to file through the photos and very inspiring to see what the other crocheters were working on. i'm also very happy about all the stash i was able to use up. even my mother in law was happy to pass a big bag onto me. my sampler ended up with lots more squares than blair suggested. and that is the whole wonderful fun of it, i'm fine doing so. i can follow the instructions and just add squares, and be creative in putting them together. while i was puzzling i realized that because i was using up lots of different kinds of yarns, i ended up with very different sizes of squares. a bit of a challenge in putting them together into a kind of even rectangle. i had to add lots of tiny squares as well as rectangular  pieces like those. o so very yummy to look at my newest blanket, makes me wanting to have the snow come down in a big way!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think this has turned out brilliantly! Looks so good! Would you perhaps think of allowing me to use it as crochet inspiration for my readers at www.nomoredisco.typepad.com I'm doing a weekly 'gorgeous granny' feature and this more than fits the bill!! You can email me nomoredisco*@*googlemail.com if it sounds like something you would like to share.

Lorenza said...

J'adore, J'ADORE! VOtre sampler est sublime! vous me donnez très envie de me lancer aussi.J'aime beaucoup l'harmonie des couleurs, tout me plaît! BRAVO!

Blair/wise craft said...

Its beautiful! I love all the colors, you did such a nice job of spreading the shades out across the afghan. Thanks so much for following along on this project with me!